- -> Sessional VIVA of 2nd year 1st Semester 2018-19 session will be held on 27/11/2021
- -> Study Tour of out going batch on 21st Nov
- -> BGE 3rd year 2nd Semester Final Exam 2019 Session 2016-17/ Sessional viva will be held on 30-11-2021
- -> SESSIONAL Final Exam and VIVA BGE 3rd year 1st semester Session 2017-18
- -> 1st Year 1st Semester (Session 2019-2020) BSc Hons Final Sessional viva and Lab Exam
- -> Post-COVID academic activities have been started
Message From Chairman (Dr. K. M. Kaderi Kibria)
Welcome to the Department of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering (BGE) at the faculty of Life Science, established in 2006. Over the years, it has grown to be most successful departments in the University with a wide range of research interest and a commitment to excellent teaching at all levels.
Our aim is to produce the academic, researcher, industrial and entrepreneurial leaders of tomorrow, together with the industrial processes and bioscientific advances they will employ. Our strategy is to work at the interfaces between Biology and Technology. The mission of this Department is to excel in providing quality higher education and internationally leading research in the field of Genetics and Biotechnology keeping in view the challenge of the twenty first century.
The department currently offers four-year Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering. We also offer Master of Science (MS) by research. Now-a days, the undergraduate program attracts the best students of Bangladesh as it provides an excellent foundation for future professional and graduate education.